Physiotherapist specialising in trauma and sports physiotherapy.
Col. number 1090
- Diploma in physiotherapy from the University of Vic (Central University of Catalonia)
- Masters in trauma physiotherapy.
- Postgraduate in sports physiotherapy.
- Certificate in Dry Needling Technique.
- Certificate in Percutaneous Therapeutic Electrolysis (EPTE ®)
- Certificate in Diacutaneous Fibrolysis.
- Course of Dry Needling and Electropuncture applied to clinical pathology.
More than 13 years of experience
Nerea has experience working within professional sports teams. For over 13 years she has worked with national cycling federations including Spain, Austria, USA, Japan and Ireland, covering all disciplines of cycling. She supported the teams during training and also at international competitions.
As a physiotherapist, Nerea was a member of the support staff of the Irish Olympic Team at the Rio Olympics and continued working with the Irish team during the qualification period for Tokyo 2020.
With these professional teams, Nerea’s main role is to work with each athlete to ensure injury prevention by identifying athletes strength and weaknesses and creating plans to maximize their performance at each competition.